Terms and Conditions
“Goods” means any goods and/or services provided by the Company as ordered by the Client.
These terms and conditions apply to any provision of services or materials by the Company to the Client. It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions. If you require any further clarification please contact us on +44 (0) 2392 631225
3. Formation of Contract
All Goods sold by the Company are sold subject to the Company’s standard terms and conditions (as detailed below) which form part of the Clients contract with the Company. Terms and conditions on clients order forms or other similar documentation shall not be binding on the Company.
4. Details and Specification
Details and specifications are current at the time of publication but may be changed without prior notice, although we will endeavour to inform you of any changes. If you are concerned about the current specification, we suggest you confirm this at point of order.
The prices, quantities and delivery estimate stated in any quotation are not binding on the Company. They are commercial estimates only which the Company will make reasonable efforts to achieve. Quotations are valid for 90 days. If you require the validity to be extended please apply in writing.
6.Change to standard specifications
Any request or order requiring changes to our standard manufacturing specifications i.e. Voltage, OEM, must be requested in writing and will be confirmed in writing by the Company. A surcharge may be applicable.
The price list replaces previous issues and is subject to change without prior notice. VAT at the prevailing standard rate where applicable.
8. Payment Conditions
a) Our standard terms are prepayment unless an account has been agreed in writing.
In view of the nature of the service, any order, once confirmed by the Client is non cancellable. Cancellation of the Order by the Client will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Any time or date stated for delivery is an estimate only. The Company will use its best endeavours to supply the services or materials to the Client within the quoted time frame but time will not be the essence of the Contract. The Company will not be responsible for any loss of business or profit or for any consequential loss whatsoever arising including delay in or failure to deliver the goods. The company does not accept any charges incurred by the Clients contractual penalties. If Goods are ready on an ex works basis and are not collected within 7 days, the Company reserve the right to charge storage cost.
The client acknowledges that the right to the Goods are owned by the Company and that the Goods are protected by the United Kingdom copyright laws, international treaty provisions and all other applicable laws.
No charges will be made to for the supply of the Company’s standard documentation. Any changes or requests are subject to a surcharge. Letters of credit, consular charges and embassy or chamber of commerce authorisation are all subject to additional costs, please confirm these at point of order.
13. Risk of loss
The risk of loss or damage to the Goods shall pass to the Client upon delivery of the Goods.
Centurion Scientific produce Goods to a high standard, and should perform as described in the supplied documentation.
Goods come with a 2 year manufacturers warranty. (1000 series 1 year)
1. Distributors must confirm that they have a trained, experienced service department and that they are responsible for installation, training, service and repair. UK only back to base repairs.
2. Tampering by unauthorised personnel will invalidate the warranty.
3. Misuse or abuse will invalidate warranty. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the end user is fully trained in the operational aspects of use. End users should be trained and aware of aspects such as imbalance and incorrect loading of samples. Incorrect loading of samples will invalidate the warranty. These are fully detailed in our technical manual.
4. Failures due to external influences are excluded from this warranty.
5. Any alterations to the Goods and any repairs made by inappropriately qualified engineers may create defects beyond the control of the Company and this will invalidate the warranty.
6. The warranty is only valid where the product is used for the applications for which it was designed.
7. Goods are processed through a stringent Quality Control system and leave our premises after entering a 3 point checking system. On the rare occasion that Goods arrive and are not fully functional, this is normally attributed to freight manhandling. We will do all we can to help you rectify any issues and will give technical advice and supply replacement parts. PLEASE NOTE this is no way is a defect on the Company’s behalf and does not reflect on the good quality and manufacture of our products. The Company can not be held responsible for freight manhandling. We will of course contact the freight company if we arranged shipping and we suggest that the Client does the same for ex works shipping, so that this does not occur on future deliveries.
8. Making warranty claims
9. All machines are provided with a technical manual and our website provides 24/7 access to technical information. We suggest in the first instance engineers consult these to try to fix the issue.
10. Out of warranty issue